Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Staying Busy

13 more days till Danny comes home! It's so weird, I've been counting down since like 90 and it has gone by faster than I thought. I mentioned that Danny and I always fought about one thing, and that was that I felt like he didn't care about me anymore (stupid, I know) because of how he talked. He is always either tired or mad at a guy over there or mad that he has to do the same boring stuff every single day. Since we've talked about it, he's been different. When he said he promised to watch his tone with me, he really has. It makes me happy again knowing that he really does love me and it's not me that he's really mad at. I also got a letter in the mail from him finally! It's from December 17th because they hardly send the mail out from the guys but once a month. It was before we even had problems with how he started talking to me, and it was the sweetest love letter in the entire world! He kind of sounded like a little boy, it was adorable:) In a nutshell, he told me how much he loves me and can't wait to have a normal life with me again and how he misses his family and mine. It was very reassuring! He said he is always bored when he goes on missions or to the OP and that it sucks...But if you ask me, boring is good! At least we know they're safe!

I recently got together with a few of the 181 girls and it was such a good time! I have never hung out with them outside the FRG meetings before and it was hilarious. It was comforting that we are all going through the exact same thing and we each knew exactly what the other was talking about. We didn't spend all night talking about military either, which was good. We all needed to let go a little bit! We played games, talked, laughed... Everything I needed with the people I needed! I can't wait for Danny to get home because he's the one person I need to see right now. He always helps me get through everything and he always is right there by my side. So since this is a huge experience in my life, I need him to be by my side right now. Since he can't because he's the major part of the experience, it's horrible. I'm not used to going through things without him, but this deployment is really making me stronger! It's making all of us a little stronger, and that will stay with us forever.

I have been doing something every single day since Danny has been gone. I've either been at school then going straight to work, or just working all day, or just hanging out with multiple friends everyday. Somedays I don't even want to constantly be with someone, and in that way I feel kind of pathetic but I just don't want to be alone for fear of breaking down and being sad again. And I don't talk about Danny much when I'm with the friends who aren't in this deployment like the 181 ladies, because they'll probably get sick of hearing it and I don't blame them! So when I'm with them, I have a good time and laugh with them and that is what makes the days go by quicker. It is nice hanging out with so many friends like I've been doing too, because when Danny was here I pretty much clung to him like crazy because I knew I had limited time with him, that was like a month before he left. It's great that I have good friends too, because with fake friends like I have had in the past, I would be miserable right now. It was out with the old and in with the new for me, and I couldn't be happier with them:)

I went over Danny's parents' house last night, and it was so nice seeing them. His parents are so comforting in everything I talk to them about, and they know how everything is as well because they're going through it too. It was nice to have a few laughs with them and just talk to them about everything, and catch up with what has been going on in our lives. They always ask if I have talked to him lately, and it cracks me up because I hardly do and they know just as much as I do! They just really care about their son and it definitely shows! They cannot wait for his arrival and they have already planned to cook a couple of his favorite dishes for dinner and take him to his favorite restaurants. I know Danny can't wait to eat normal food again at his favorite places! After I left Danny's parents' house I went over to see both of his sisters at their house. I haven't seen them in a couple weeks so it was nice catching up with them too! And Darren, Danny's nephew:) He's getting so big, Danny is going to be shocked at how much Darren talks when he gets home. I remember when Darren would try to form a sentence and just get out babytalk that no one could possibly understand. Now he forms his words and puts them together perfectly, he's so smart! Danny misses Darren like crazy!

I can't believe I am down to 13 days. It's going to be easy and hard at the same time. When I see the other guys get home to their girlfriends a little earlier than Danny I'm going to be so jealous! I can't wait to have Danny here and just hold him and know he's safe and we can have a regular life again for 2 weeks, but I'm sure army mode won't just shut off... That part will be interesting. I just hope he's his normal, funny self and is still able to laugh at things he used to laugh at. We will see! I'm slowly dying with excitement, ahhhh! :)

1 comment:

  1. I admire you so much Paige; you're so much stronger than you know...

    ReplyDelete